Date(s) - 07/07/2021 - 08/07/2021
8:30 am - 2:00 pm
Following Brexit, the UK rural sector is on the way towards a radical policy transformation, with the biggest change in agricultural policy in half a century. Rural chartered surveyors will be at the forefront of this change in addressing the challenges and opportunities ahead to ensure a transition to a sustainable UK agricultural sector, a revitalised UK landscape and a thriving rural economy.
From building back nature and the net zero journey for agriculture, the latest on planning and an essential tax update to the retrofitting of rural buildings and details on the transition to Environmental Land Management and equivalent for the UK regions where available, surveyors must now start building new knowledge and understand their key role in shaping the rural economy.
By joining the RICS UK Rural Conference 2021 you will be able to choose which sessions to attend live on the day, ask your questions and interact with their expert speakers.
Early confirmed speakers include:
- Lord Richard Best, President, Sustainable Energy Association
- Lord Callanan, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Minister for Climate Change and Corporate Responsibility), Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Prof Alastair Driver FCIEEM, Director, Rewilding Britain
- Alice Huxley MRICS FAAV, Associate, Knight Frank
- Professor James Lowenberg-DeBoer, Elizabeth Creak Chair of Agri-Tech Economics, Harper Adams University
- Debbie Mackay, Head of Scottish Rural Planning, Savills
- Victoria Prentis MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Farming, Fisheries and Food, DEFRA
- Peter Tyldesley MRICS, Chief Executive, Centre for Alternative Technology
Our friends at RICS have kindly offered Rural Business Network members and stakeholders the same discounted rate as their members.
Book your place today for the RICS UK Rural Conference 2021 here > https://bit.ly/3g5kzIu using discount code: DISC-RURAL-0707