What do you believe?
I’ve made a mistake. I re-watched Simon Sinek’s Golden Circle TED Talk at the weekend, having first watched it as a final year marketing student in 2017. Have you seen it?
- That people don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.
- The goal is to do business with people who believe what you believe.
In 2007, when our boys were 8 and 6, I was into my third year of baking cakes in my kitchen. I was selling them at 4 farmers’ markets per month, supplying two café’s, a butcher’s and a farm shop.
My cakes were popular. I could have grown that business if I had someone who could have pointed me in the right direction.
- I needed knowledge
- I needed connections
- I needed inspiration
- I needed resources
- I needed support
I needed a community. I never found one.
That is why I have founded Rural Business Network
My mistake is, I have never communicated that before.
Have you watched Simon’s TED Talk? Do you communicate your why?
Rural Business Network – supporting your rural business journey
We are a UK-wide community of farming families and rural business owners who want to learn, connect and grow our businesses.
How do we support you?
- We run member-only events, where you will learn from experts on a wide range of subjects from business planning and marketing to regenerative agriculture and tourism trends. Most events are recorded so you can watch them on-demand if you are too busy to attend.
- We send a well-regarded weekly e-Newsletter with updates, industry news and opportunities. Don’t worry, they are short and to the point!
- We provide opportunities to talk to people in a similar situation, at events, in our Facebook Group and in our WhatsApp groups.
- We will connect you to other organisations that we believe can help.
All for just £5+VAT per month. Join us now.